How to use a Garmin GPS to measure distance- Garmin GPS have many functions and uses. The most common use of a GPS device becomes step by step directions from one place to another satellite technology using. Using this common feature, you can also use your Garmin GPS device to measure distance. The distance between two points can be measured using the two Garmin Marine Chartplotter devices, which are used on the water, and GPS personal Garmin Navigation Systems, which are used on the roads.
- Turn on your Garmin Marine Chartplotter.
- Touch “Navigation map” to access the navigation map page. Move the cursor on the map to the starting location.
- Locate and select the “Measure distance” option.
- Move the cursor over the map to select the location of your final destination. Your screen will now show you the distance between the first location you selected and the second.
Personal Navigation System
- Turn on your Garmin GPS system and wait for the device to locate the satellite signal. This will locate your current location.
- Touch “Where” and enter the exact address of your destination. You can also choose a location from your saved “Favorites” or from the list of pre-loaded points of interest.
- Press the “Tools” option from the main screen.
- Locate and select the “ecoRoute” option and touch “Mileage Report.” You can now view the distance of the route you just created, along with your previous 19 lines.